Table names / mixed case / Postgresql 7.0.3

From: Mathias Hohler <hohler(at)lasercomb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table names / mixed case / Postgresql 7.0.3
Date: 2001-04-12 09:41:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I think I`ve encoutered a problem in postgresql 7.0.3 (Linux). I want to
be able to access tables, for instance, by typing select * from table.
And it should be the same, whether the table name is TABLE or Table or
table. But I found out, that you can create tables with the name TABLE
or table and so on. Is there a way to fix this ?
Maybe I`m wrong ?

Best regards and
thanks in advance

Mathias