Oracle to PostgreSQL

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle to PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-04-11 20:06:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project for a company selling materials for
building
(cement, sand, stone floor, etc) which have 2500 employees and more than 100
agencies. They are porting their old commercial apps to web based technology.
They use several Oracle database with more than 40 Gb each. We think about
porting these database to PostgreSQL and deploy one server per agency with
replication between them. I think it's a great challenge for us.

So my question: Is someone here have worked on tools to export Oracle database
complex schema to PostgreSQL. If then can you send them to me as I can
construct
a generic Oracle to PostgreSQL converter. My knowledge in Oracle is very poor,
I just know about PostgreSQL but I thinks it's more the goal of PostgreSQL
now that 7.1 is out than migrating from mySQL. So this should be a great tool.

Regards

Gilles DAROLD