Re: AW: Truncation of char, varchar types

From: Alessio Bragadini <alessio(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AW: Truncation of char, varchar types
Date: 2001-04-10 13:32:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> Yes, iirc the only thing you are allowed to do is issue a warning,
> but the truncation is allowed and must succeed.
> (checked in Informix and Oracle)

? As much as I remember, Oracle raises an error. But it's been a few
years since I last touched it, so maybe I'm wrong.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini alessio(at)albourne(dot)com
APL Financial Services http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925