Re: update tables in remote db using trigger

From: Marc Wrubleski <mlwruble(at)sorexsoftware(dot)com>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)barchord(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: update tables in remote db using trigger
Date: 2001-04-07 03:06:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Rod,

This sounds nifty, but I'm wondering about the speed of such an operation.
Our design calls for a system that can do this one operation (over and
above all the other DB queries) 28 times per second.

What sort of performance are you getting out of this setup. Could it
handle 28 calls per second without bringing the system to it's knees?

Marc