Conditional statements IF , ELSE, END IF

From: Jeff Kallestad <jeffkal(at)zianet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Conditional statements IF , ELSE, END IF
Date: 2001-04-04 03:06:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Where do I look in the release docs for information about conditional
statements used in conjunction with insert rules in a view? I want to
create a routine to check if an inserted varchar already exists in a
look-up table. If it is, then take the id and put it in another table.
If not, then insert a differet series of variables into another table.

Thanks

jeff k

jkallest(at)NMSU(dot)edu