Re: MacOS X OK, was: Call for platforms

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
Cc: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, tih(at)kpnQwest(dot)no, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il, thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: Re: MacOS X OK, was: Call for platforms
Date: 2001-03-31 00:57:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Well, once I figured out a few things about how to use the Unix part
> of MacOS X it seemed to work without a hitch in the regression
> testing. I need to figure out how to make the system start it up
> automatically at boot time still, but then I need to figure out how
> to do double sided printing on an HP 5si and several other things too.

OK, that confirms that MacOS X is supported.

> BTW the offer of testing on NetBSD/mac68k stands. 250MB is plenty if
> you don't use X, and I have some extra disks anyway. I'll probably
> try NetBSD/macppc sometime in the next week or so.

I'm always tempted to snare another platform "win", but will draw the
line at dragging my own machines out of the closet ;) If there is no
potential user who cares about it, we should let it die a graceful
death.

For NetBSD/ppc (and any other platform not on the list) the sooner the
better; if you can bang it out at the beginning of the week we should be
able to get the info into the release.

- Thomas