Re: Call for platforms

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Mathijs Brands <mathijs(at)ilse(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for platforms
Date: 2001-03-26 21:50:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Mathijs Brands wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a list somewhere listing the platforms 7.1 is being
> tested on right now? I'd be able to run regression tests on
> the following platforms, if necessary:

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/supported-platforms.html

is close to up to date (I made a few changes this morning).

http://www.postgresql.org/~vev/regress/

is an on-line display and data entry page, which I have not managed yet
to use in my development workflow. So I hope to look at it occasionally,
but the -hackers mailing list is where I get most of my info.

> FreeBSD 3.3 (x86)
> FreeBSD 4.2 (x86)

4.3 (and I think 4.2) is covered already.

> Linux (x86 - 2.2 & 2.4 kernels, Redhat & Debian distro's)

Linux on x86 is pretty well covered, but we welcome additional tests and
tests on as many variants as possible.

> Solaris 7 (SPARC)
> Solaris 8 (x86)
> Solaris 8 (SPARC)

Tests on Solaris 8, both Sparc and x86, would be very helpful. No
reports so far, afaik.

> IRIX 6.2
> IRIX 6.5

Irix 6.5.11 has been reported recently. But additional tests and testers
would be a good thing, since there aren't that many in the -hacker
community at the moment.

> If I can get the box back to working order, Alpha Linux is
> also an option. I'd be willing to build binary packages for
> Solaris and IRIX.

Alpha Linux is covered at the moment. Binary packages would be great.

Thanks for the help! Regards.

- Thomas