Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8 INTEL

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8 INTEL
Date: 2001-03-25 13:03:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this stuff. Being busy in Life.

Has anything else regarding general broken int8 tests been found out,
with regards to it being caused by OpenSSL. If that's the case
shouldn't we ask the OpenSSL guys about known issues, or at least let
them know that something may be wrong?

They're up to beta2 of their next release so now's probably the time to
work things out.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Tom Lane wrote:

> > Justin Clift writes:
> >> In the regression test side of things, Solaris 8 INTEL seems be having
> >> troubles with handling int8 types. Not sure if this is a known
> >> problem. The int8 tests failed with error messages like :
> >>
> >> INSERT INTO INT8_TBL VALUES('123','4567890123456789');
> >> + ERROR: int8 value out of range: "4567890123456789"
>
> > Ugh. Did configure detect a working 64 bit integer?
>
> IIRC, someone else reported a few days ago that the int8 tests failed on
> their platform if and only if openssl was linked in. Not sure what
> openssl could be doing to screw up long long int arithmetic, but that
> was the report.
>
> regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi