Re: Tests randomly failed

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tests randomly failed
Date: 2001-03-22 22:24:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hey guys,

I don't understand what you mean by "This will avoid using Unix domain
sockets, which are broken on Solaris.".

If this were the case, then the errors which are described would happen
on ALL solaris platforms wouldn't they? And other packages using Unix
domain sockets would have problems too wouldn't they?

If it's of any help, I get the same types of regression testing failures
on Solaris, with the same "is the backend running?" type error
messages.. when the installation of solaris HAS NOT had it's /etc/system
file altered to change the amount of shared memory segments and
semaphores.

Whenever I have those problems, I insert the updated (higher) values for
shared memory and semaphores, reboot the system, then the tests pass as
the backend is able to start fine.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift