Re: Patch application

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch application
Date: 2001-03-20 05:36:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc pgsql-odbc

Bruce, what is the point of even an informal list of "experts"? There
have always been areas that folks have "adopted" or have developed an
interest and expertise in. And we've gotten lots of really great
contributions both large and small from people we barely knew existed
until the patch arrived.

Unless there is a "process improvement" which comes with developing this
list, I don't really see what the benefit will be wrt existance of the
list, developing the list, of deciding who should be on a list, etc etc.

istm that the list of active developers serves the function of
acknowledging contributors. Not sure what another list will do for us,
and it may have the effect of being an artificial barrier or distinction
between folks.

All imho of course ;)

- Thomas