Re: delete - is there any way to recover rows deleted from a table.

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Yiming Huang <yiming(dot)huang(at)parallel(dot)ltd(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: delete - is there any way to recover rows deleted from a table.
Date: 2001-03-19 20:12:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

Yiming Huang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was told that a delete command does not delete data from a table
> physically. Is it correct? If it is true, could anyone to tell me whether
> there is a way to recover to data deleted from a table?

In the "original" postgres (not postgreSQL) you could just tell the
backent
the time interval you were interested in retrieveing.

Currently It is not so easy, But the data is physically in the tables
until
you do a VACUUM;

If you are desparate, I can send you some python code to get all data
(both
deleted and not) from the table. It gives you raw tuples - you have to
write
code to extract fields from tuples yourself.

Hannu