Re: Performance monitor

From: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance monitor
Date: 2001-03-08 00:33:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Wouldn't another approach be to write a C function that does the
necessary work, then just call it like any other C function?

i.e. Connect to the database and issue a "select
perf_stats('/tmp/stats-2001-03-08-01.txt')" ?

Or similar?

Sure, that means another database connection which would change the
resource count but it sounds like a more consistent approach.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift