Re: Re: Strange behaviour with Autocad/ODBC

From: "Andrea Aime" <aaime(at)comune(dot)modena(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Strange behaviour with Autocad/ODBC
Date: 2001-02-21 09:07:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Sorry Dave, it wasn't my intention do knock pgAdmin, it's a great piece
of sw... my intention was to complain about AutoCAD, not pgAdmin

> Seriously though, ADO can't use server side cursors on PostgreSQL because
> (presumably) the ODBC driver doesn't support them to a high enough level.
>
> If can you see the query that is causng AutoCAD to crash if you switch on
> the drivers commlog? If so, if you run it in pgAdmin, does it crash?

Yes, it's a plain "select * from table" that return 1600 records.
Previuous
releases of Autocad used DAO, I suspect that AutoCAD 2000 still uses
some
part of DAO... in fact, making some experiment with VisData I found some
strange behaviour (sometimes I can't look at table contents,in
particular
if using DBGrid output... the same that's used by AutoCAD I suspect).
VisData
is provided as an add-in with Visual Basic, and still uses DAO to access
databases.
Another strange thing is that AutoCAD sees my data source as read only,
even if
it isn't (I can modify data both using pgAdmin and ADO directly).
Bye
Andrea