Re: beta5 ...

From: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: beta5 ...
Date: 2001-02-21 00:24:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was just thinking that perhaps as part of the "beta" release process
it would be worthwhile saying "New beta about to be released" (or
similar) and then have the appropriate people for each platform/OS do a
compile against the up-to-the-minute CVS and give a yes/no for each of
their platforms.

In a way, this seems to be done presently, but without the addition of a
formalised checklist of "platforms this beta compiles/regress-tests on
as of release time".

I'm thinking about the release process.

+ Justin