Re: INSERT INTO problem

From: Alfonso Peniche <alfonso(at)iteso(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INSERT INTO problem
Date: 2001-02-20 20:07:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Did you try removing the quotes from '1'::int2 as isdepartment
so that it looks:

insert into reportentity
select 'D0'||text(departmentid) as reportentityid,
departmentname as reportentityname,
1 as isdepartment,
departmentdescription as reportentitydescription,
departmentsummary as reportentitysummary
from department where isreportentity > 0;