Strange behaviour with Autocad/ODBC

From: "Andrea Aime" <aaime(at)comune(dot)modena(dot)it>
To: Postgres ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Strange behaviour with Autocad/ODBC
Date: 2001-02-20 09:50:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi everybody,
I'm using Autocad Map to perform some GIS work. My data is in vector
format, and it's linked to tables in a PostgreSQL 7.0.2 database thru
ODBC. I'm using ODBC driver release 7.01.003. In AutoCAD I can look
at table with few records, but if I attempt to open a table with 1000
records AutoCAD crashes. If I ask the driver to use declare/fetch that
doesn't happens, and I can look at tables of any size (and I see all
the records, so everything goes fine). I could be happy like this,
but pgAdmin does not work properly with such option (I cannot see
the data contained in a table, it complains that it cannot open
a bi-directional recordset). I'm sure that it's an AutoCAD fault,
that it's badly written software, but I was wondering why everything
goes well with declare/fetch... someone can help me?
By the way, AutoCAD 2000 uses ADO to access data (at least, that's
what they claim, but I also write sw in VB and everything goes fine...)
Bye
Andrea