aliases for temp tables.... again

From: Alfonso Peniche <alfonso(at)iteso(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: aliases for temp tables.... again
Date: 2001-02-16 22:34:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry to insist about this but I haven't figured it out yet.

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find this:

Everytime I create a temp table (Thanx Tom) within a procedure, a table
named like pg_temp.###.# is created (I know this is MY temp table). How
can I know the name (or alias) for this table so that I can, later on,
check if it already exists.

Example:
I use a function to create a temp table named "mitabla1", so a physical
table named pg_temp.32326.0 is created. I also create a temp table named

"mitabla2" -> pg_temp.8732.2. I know there has to be a way of knowing
which is which becuase if I run a select over "mitabla" I get the
contents from the corresponding pg_temp.... table. I just couldn't find
anywhere this information.

Can anybody tell me where to find it or how?

Thanx

P.S. If I wasn't clear enough please let me know.....

Cheers :-)