Starting postmaster in logging mode

From: Walt Weaver <wweaver(at)rightnow(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Starting postmaster in logging mode
Date: 2001-02-09 16:54:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Could someone give me an example of how they start up the postmaster in
logging mode?

I'm new to this postgres stuff - inherited the database with the job.
Currently the postmaster starts with 'postmaster -S -D/data/pgsql7 -i -B
128 -N64'.

I know what all the parms mean, and when I take out the -S to try to
start logging and redirect the output to a file the postmaster exits
after a matter of seconds.

Any examples would be appreciated.

--Walt Weaver
Bozeman, Montana