ERROR Permission denied

From: Jose solo en casita <jose-manuel(dot)lorenzo-lopez(at)conti(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR Permission denied
Date: 2001-02-09 15:34:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello PG's,

I have actually a very strange error using postgresql 7.0.2!
May be someone of you, had the same error and can help to fix it! :)

I created a table and want now to fill the table with datasets, to
test the application I made, but this does not work! What I am basicly
doing is to insert datasets using psql as frontend in my own tables.

For example, when inserting data with...
insert into bschft_user (id,name,position) values (0,'test',55);

...I get the error message...
ERROR: bschft_user: Permission denied.

...although bschft_user is my own table which I created with the
same user as I wanted to insert data.

I also checked pg_tables to be sure the owner of the table is really
my user, which is true!

I also tried by using...
grant all on bschft_user to public;

...but after this the insert still didn't work. :(

The permission set for the table bschft_user is set to...
bschft_user | {"=arwR"}

...which seems to be okay. (At least this fits all basic needs :)

I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance! :)

Best Regards / Un saludo / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Saluti Cordiali,

José Manuel Lorenzo López