Re: [ADMIN]

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL jdbc list <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN]
Date: 2001-02-07 17:31:42
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-jdbc

I have a question/concern with the proposed patch here. The assumption
that a column of type oid is a BLOB I think is incorrect. OIDs can also
be used as a simple FK reference from one table to another since they
are unique. I think the current behavior with regards to OIDs is more
correct in mapping them to their true data type of integer.

thanks,
--Barry