Not using index

From: Crispin Miller <crispin(at)cs(dot)man(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: psql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Not using index
Date: 2001-02-07 14:47:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a table with about 8million tuples in it. I need to do a search
on two of the table's columns, so I've created a couple of indices, one
for each column.
Then I've run VACUUM ANALYZE. The query planner still wants to do a
sequential scan on the database. Any idea where I'm going wrong?
Crispin