Re: php4 mod for apache...

From: info(at)i-developit(dot)com
To: herbie(at)nextearth(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php4 mod for apache...
Date: 2001-02-02 17:29:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

Herb,
It is actually pretty easy. First you need to install
Pgsql. Once you have that installed you would compile
php with the --with-pgsql flag (i believe that is what
it is). Then once you are done compiling php, you then
need to compile apache with php. Some good basic instructions
are on www.e-gineer.com. This does not cover the pgsql
stuff, but I think it covers mysql and they the same
just different flags when you compile php.

So breakdown:
1. compile, install pgsql
2. compile php with pgsql flag, install it
3. compile apache with php module, install it
4. restart the apache web server.

Check out www.e-gineer for more inforamtion and look
under instructions.

Otherwise if you are running RedHat, Mandrake, Debian or
even FreeBSD normally there are binaries for most of this that
would make your life a lot easier.

If you are using Windows, anything I said above will most likely
not help ...

--andy