Re: Re: [GENERAL] MySQL -> Postgres dump converter

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: fonin(at)ziet(dot)zhitomir(dot)ua
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [GENERAL] MySQL -> Postgres dump converter
Date: 2001-01-28 01:34:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Max Rudensky wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Thomas said he won't look into GPL'ed code for ideas.
> Well, I re-read GPL and found that it's up to author whether is to allow or not
> to use code for using in programs with another open-source license. So this isn't
> a problem - you may use my program and include code to your without limitations.
> I even would prefer to change license to BSD or similar
> but I didn't find in GPL ideas about that.

If it's all your code, then you are free to license it under any licence
you desire.

You are completely free to licence it under both GPL and BSD licenses at
the same time.

You can even simultaneously license it under a commercial licence if you
want to ;)

What you probably can't do is to revoke the GPL license.

Hannu