row size limitation

From: Jim Hines <jhines(at)wdtv(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: row size limitation
Date: 2001-01-17 18:41:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

We too just got bit by the row size limit, having installed from the
rpms, 7.03.

A news story wouldn't fit, and had to be drastically trimmed before it
was
accepted.

Is there a way to reset this to say 32k, after the install, or is this
a compile
time option? We've now spent lots of time rtfm without finding a
reference
as to how to adjust this. And we'ed like to be ready for the next time
an
'in depth' story comes up.

Thanks all