Re: Too many open connections

From: Chris Ryan <chris(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: Petros Mylonopoulos <petros(at)gate(dot)v3(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Too many open connections
Date: 2001-01-15 16:02:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

This looks very much like the PHP limit of open connections per
process. You can look in the php.ini file for "pgsql.max_links" and you
should see what it is configured for.

Also without seeing the entire code (i'll make a few assumptions) it
appears that the code is within a ?class? and I didn't see any checks to
see if there was already a connection to the database. You may want to
check to see if a connection has already been made within that class and
close it before opening a new one. This however may not be the cause if
you are creating a new class each time thereby creating a new
connection. Without knowing more about what it is you are trying to do
and how you are doing it hard to really say if it is the best way or a
better way to do it.

Hope this helps a little.

Chris Ryan
chris(at)greatbridge(dot)com