automated log-messages

From: Joern Muehlencord <jomu(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: automated log-messages
Date: 2001-01-12 06:59:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am trying to implement an automated log-message system for my
application. For example, if a new user is inserted to my table "auth",
I want to create a log message like: "user [name] added to system". Is
it possible to add this message with triggers or rules?! If so, can
anyone give some examples?

Thanx,
Joern
--
Linux is like a wigwam - no Windows, no Gates and Apache inside