Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relationaldatabase

From: Alvar Freude <alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de>
To: miguel sofer <mig(at)utdt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relationaldatabase
Date: 2000-12-15 23:14:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

miguel sofer wrote:

> Sorry, I never got around to completing this, or thinking any further. My
> other files are definitely not in a usable state right now. I hope to be
> able
> to improve things over the (southern) summer holidays, so there may be
> news
> soon - but do not hold your breadth!

OK, no prob.

I start to implement smth in Perl, so if it works ok and someone is
interested in it i can post it here.

and I'll try to use a kind of base255 encoding; it seams that postgres
only dislike the 0 byte, so if this works there is no real encoding
necessary -- simply start at 1 instead of 0. I hoppe this works :)

Ciao
Alvar

--
Alvar C.H. Freude | alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de

Demo: http://www.online-demonstration.org/ | Mach mit!
Blast-DE: http://www.assoziations-blaster.de/ | Blast-Dich-Fit
Blast-EN: http://www.a-blast.org/ | Blast/english