Compiling "C" Functions

From: Tulio Oliveira <mestredosmagos(at)marilia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling "C" Functions
Date: 2000-12-14 18:05:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, ALL

This is my first time in this list... Sorry by any inconvenience....

I need a TRIGGER thats runs whith POSTGRES permissions. I´ll give an
ODBC
connection for programmers that don´t need to know the "rules" of my
Data
Base.

So, I´ll creata an "fake" table, and with a BEFORE INSERT TRIGGER I´ll
make
all consistences, and update the REAL tables.

The ODBC users have only INSERT permission on the fake table, and NO
RIGHTS
on the real table.

I´ll make VIEWS whith SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE permissions for the ODBC
users.

By the same way, I´ll make TRIGGERS that manager the VIEWS.

-----------

ALMOST ALL THIS WORK FINE when the function of the trigger is in
PLPGSQL, but
in this language, the Trigger run with the same ODBD user´s rights ....

I read that only a "C" function runs with POSTGRES permissions, but all
the
samples I get don´t work... I can´t even compile them...

Please, anyone could help an "poor brazilian guy" to make this work :-)
?

I appreciate any "C" Function complete samples, including de command
line for
the compiler.

I using a RedHat Linux 6.2 and Postgresql 7.0.2-2

Best Regards,

Tulio Oliveira.

AKACIA TECNOLOGIA
Desenvolvimento de sistemas para Internet
www.akacia.com.br