Re: (Updated) Table File Format

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Michael Richards <miker(at)interchange(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (Updated) Table File Format
Date: 2000-12-14 13:01:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Richards wrote:

> I need a little help on the format of the postgres tables.
>
> I've got this wonderfully corrupted database where just about everything is
> fubar. I've tried a number of things to get it back using postgres and
> related tools with no success. It looks like most of the data is there, but
> there may be a small amount of corruption that's causing all kinds of
> problems.

Find attached a python script that I used to get deleted (actually all
;)
records from a database table.

It was not corrupted, just a simple programming error in client software
had deleted more than needed.

Fortunately it was not vacuumed so the data itself (info for web-based
paper
postcard sending system) was there

It works as-is only for my table as the field extraction code is
hard-coded, but
it should be quite easy to modify for your needs

It worked 1 year ago probably on 6.4.x . I hope that the structure had
not
changed since.

sendcard.py is the actual script used, pgtabdump.py is a somewhat
cleaned-up version

Hannu

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgtabdump.py text/plain 2.5 KB