Re: Rules with Conditions: Still Doesn't Work (Bug Rpt)

From: "Joel Burton" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rules with Conditions: Still Doesn't Work (Bug Rpt)
Date: 2000-12-05 20:26:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-docs

> It turns out that all of these failures come from the same place,
> which is that I had broken the handling of INSERT ... SELECT actions
> inside rules.
>
> I have committed a patch that appears to fix the problem.
> I think that Marc has already tagged beta1, however, so the patch will
> not be in the beta1 tarball due to appear Real Soon Now. You can pull
> current sources from the CVS server, or grab a nightly snapshot
> tarball after tonight.

Fast work! (Boy, I sure wish I had a commercial Oracle/M$ contract
instead. I'm sure they could have done it faster ;-) ). Thanks!

Just to be clear (as much for other as for me): this should fix the
syntax as my (more recent) bug report submitted? That is, one non-
conditional rule that tries to handle both inserting and updating
together, as opposed to 2 different conditional rules that, together,
try to handle all cases.

My Mom always said I loved finding problems. :-)

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton(at)scw(dot)org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)