Re: postgres docs (was Re: Crash during WAL recovery?)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Norman Clarke <norman(at)junkonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres docs (was Re: Crash during WAL recovery?)
Date: 2000-12-04 06:26:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So, if you think I can be of any service, please let me know.

We already know that you can be of service :)

There are two ways to go about this:

1) pick something in the docs to fix. A topic, or organization, or
whatever you think is a good candidate for improvement or inclusion. Run
big changes by the -hackers or -docs mailing list to make sure you have
a consensus that the change is desirable, then go do it! Small changes
such as wording fixes can just be done and submitted as patches without
needing a peer review or consensus imho.

2) fix something that someone else thinks should be fixed. Same process
as before, and you might end up solving something bugging the rest of us
for a long time. But maybe less satisfying for you than (1) might be.

Either works. This list is never short of suggestions if you want to try
(2).

Welcome!

- Thomas