Re: pgaccess

From: Olivier Cherrier <Olivier(dot)Cherrier(at)cediti(dot)be>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pgaccess
Date: 2000-11-24 10:51:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

>That document is not correct. --with-tcl is enough.

OK, I will reconpile my PostgreSQL server with only the tcl option.

>> Thus, I have no X-server on its. Is it a problem ?
>
>If you don't have an X server then you're going to have a pretty tough
>time running graphical applications such as pgaccess. Not
>sure what you
>mean with "Thus ...", perhaps there's a misunderstanding.
>
>> By the way, what do I need on the client side to use pgaccess ?
>
>Tcl/Tk

I explain the situation :
I have :
_ a server Postgresql
_ my workstation
I want to install the minimum configuration under the Postgresql server.
On my workstation, I installed pgaccess and would like to connect to
server and design databases.
The server and the workstation are under the OpenBSD OS.
Do I need X-client on my server ?

Thanks.

Olivier