db has disappeared from pg_database

From: Steve Doerr <sdoerr(at)swbell(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: db has disappeared from pg_database
Date: 2000-11-21 17:26:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello. Has anyone come across the above error? I've been trying to
create a database as user 'postgres', which doesn't report any errors,
but when I try to psql into it I get the above error about it having
disappeared from pg_database.

I'm not sure what might be wrong and hope someone might have some input.

Thanks,
Steve