Getting postgres to echo queries.

From: Ben Warren <ben(dot)warren(at)pisoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting postgres to echo queries.
Date: 2000-11-03 00:09:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm trying to log all SQL queries sent to postgres v6.5.

I have set PGECHO=yes in the postmaster.init file but nothing about the
SQL queries
appears in the log. I know that the config file is being read and that I
am looking
at the right log file because changes to the init file PGDEBUG level do
cause
different log output.

An echo of the startup call revealed the following:
su postgres -c /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster -b
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgres -B 128 -D /var/lib/postgres/data -d 2
-i -o '-E' > /var/log/postgres.log 2>&1

The -E option for echo queries seems to be passed through correctly.

Any help with this matter will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

| Ben Warren | Plugged In Software |