Re: Small TAP improvements

From: Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small TAP improvements
Date: 2022-06-14 16:44:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The comment atop config_data still mentions $option, but after the patch that's no longer a name used in the function. (I have to admit that using @_ in the body of the function was a little bit confusing to me at first. Did you do that in order to allow multiple options to be passed?)

Also: if you give an option to pg_config, the output is not prefixed with the variable name. So you don't need to strip the "SHAREDIR =" bit: there isn't any. This is true even if you give multiple options:

schmee: master 0$ pg_config --sharedir --includedir
/home/alvherre/Code/pgsql-install/REL9_6_STABLE/share
/home/alvherre/Code/pgsql-install/REL9_6_STABLE/include