Re: how good is PostgreSQL

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how good is PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-11-01 00:51:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> We run Perl on machines that pale compared to theirs,
> and get far better performance. : )

Well, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to a war. Here :) But CGI is so
simple and straightforward that anything more than C is quite an overkill
(think assembly).
Myself I'm planning to port all my PERL stuff eventually. Yes, PERL is
great for string handling, but when you spend a couple of weeks on BugTraq,
you'll suddenly feel that it's still too much. When you only let `known
good' values in, lex or regexp libs will do.
Sorry for the offtopic, anyone interested is welcome to email me in
private.

Ed

--

contaminated fish and microchips