Re: Query caching

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query caching
Date: 2000-10-31 22:17:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> Here's a simple design that I was tossing back and forth. Please
> understand that I'm not saying this is the best way to do it, or even a
> good way to do it. Just a possible way to do it.

Sounds interesting, I certainly have reasons to play bad guy, but that's
what I always do, so nevermind :)
However, there's one major point where I disagree. Not that I have real
reasons to, or observation or analysis to background my position, just a
feeling. And the feeling is that connection/query cache should be separate
from DBMS server itself.
Several things come to the mind right off, like possibilities to cache
connections to different sources, like PGSQL and Oracle, as well as a
chance to run this cache on a separate box that will perform various
additional functions, like load balancing. But that's right on the surface.
Still in doubt....

--

contaminated fish and microchips
huge supertankers on Arabian trips