Re: INNER JOIN query with Postgre 6.5

From: "Poul L(dot) Christiansen" <poulc(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: Aarni Ruuhimäki <megative(at)iwn(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INNER JOIN query with Postgre 6.5
Date: 2000-10-25 15:25:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm also running Cold Fusion on Linux and INNER JOIN is working quite
fine :)

But the syntax is not the same as in MS Access.

It should be:
<CFQUERY DATASOURCE="#datasource#" NAME="GetProducts">
SELECT Products.*, ProductInfo.*
FROM Products, ProductInfo
WHERE GroupID = #GroupID# AND ProductInfo.Show = 'x' AND
Products.ProductID = ProductInfo.ProductID
ORDER BY ProductInfo.InfoID
</CFQUERY>

Notice that the "ON Products.ProductID = ProductInfo.ProductID" has been
moved to the WHERE clause.

You better tell Allaire this so they won't misinform other CF+PostgreSQL
users....

Poul L. Christiansen