PL/Perl compilation error

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/Perl compilation error
Date: 2000-10-24 10:51:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have done a little work concerning the famous PL/Perl compilation Error and
also into Interfaces/Perl5.

The confusing POLLUTE option is no more used to see these parts compiled.
I thinks it's now fully compatible with all Perl versions, yes Tom I use PPPort :-)

The way to put it into the distribution package is very simple.

1) Replace the current GNUmakefile in these directories src/interface/perl5 and src/pl/plperl

by those given in the attachment.
2) Copy the lastest version of the ppport.h file into the same directories (latest can be
found
on CPAN) I provide one in the attachment (the latest at this day Version 1.0007)

That done, just compile postgresql exactly as before (with ./configure --with-perl at least).

What I have done is very simple :

- cp Devel-PPPort-1.0007/ppport.h postgresql-snapshotsrc/pl/plperl/
- cp Devel-PPPort-1.0007/ppport.h postgresql-snapshot/src/interfaces/perl5/

And in the 2 GNUmakefile in the "Makefile: Makefile.PL" section:

- I have remove the call to the POLLUTE option
- Added the following lines at the begining of the section:
$(PERL) -x ppport.h *.c *.h *.xs > ppport.patch
patch < ppport.patch
rm ppport.patch

Thanks to Kenneth Albanowski for his PPPort.pm usefull package and to Tom Lane
for his ligth.

Note: the attachment is a tar of all modified and added files in the source tree.

Regards,

Gilles DAROLD

Attachment Content-Type Size
ppport-change.tar.gz application/x-gzip 4.3 KB