Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, Bill <bouma(at)cplane(dot)com>
Subject: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-23 16:32:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> The ODBC driver still seems to be an important part of PostgreSQL. So I
> really support your idea. Unfortunately I really have no time for this and
> I'm rather new to the driver and Postgres internal communication. AFAIK
> Thomas Lockhart offered his work in May but I don't think he had enough
> time to check what happened on the list since then.

:(

I did some work with ODBC to get it building for Unix boxes and to work
with Applixware. But afaik my environment does not allow me to build and
test other new features, so I can be of only limited help here.

That doesn't excuse my taking so long with Zoltan's fixes, but a new
ODBC maintainer is clearly needed. He/she would probably need some
familiarity with Windows tools such as Access to be most effective.

Zoltan, I've applied your patches to my tree, and will get them into the
development sources asap.

- Thomas