Re: Size limitation for a table under linux ........

From: "Poul L(dot) Christiansen" <poulc(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: pejac(at)altern(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Size limitation for a table under linux ........
Date: 2000-10-18 10:11:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just go ahead and create it. PostgreSQL will split the tables into
multiple files, to avoid the 2GB limitation.

When you do a pg_dump and the file is bigger than 2GB you will also have
a problem. That problem is solved by pipening the output to "gzip" and
possibly "split", if the zipped file is bigger than 2GB.

Poul L. Christiansen