Ant Packaging - Was: building pgsql-interfaces...

From: Christopher Cain <ccain(at)mhsoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ant Packaging - Was: building pgsql-interfaces...
Date: 2000-10-17 16:33:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

For what it's worth, I am very much in favor of migrating to Ant. Having worked
with it in other packages, I have found it to be an order of magnitude better
than Make for Java software. As mentioned, it is cleaner and much easier to
work with than makefiles. Of course, I can say all of this because unlike like
Peter, I have no idea what any of the complications are :-)

I would like to get some feedback on the idea, however, as I really do think
that Ant is a superior solution for Java projects. If there is any interest, I
would certainly be willing to help Mark out in getting an Ant distro of the
drivers up and running.