Re: Max Connections

From: "Poul L(dot) Christiansen" <poulc(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: Ponza Giorgio <giorgio(at)opla(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Max Connections
Date: 2000-10-05 09:50:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Quote from "man postmaster":

"-N maxBackends Sets the maximum number of backend server processes that
this postmaster is allowed to start. By default, this value is 32, but
it can be set as high as 1024 if your system will support that many
processes. (Note that -B is required to be at least twice -N, so
you'll need to increase -B if you increase -N.) Both the default and
upper limit values for -N can be altered when building Postgres
(see src/include/config.h)."

Meaning that the default number of backends is 32.

Poul L. Christiansen