Re: copying/moving from one table to another

From: Jie Liang <jliang(at)ipinc(dot)com>
To: Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr(at)uni-bonn(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copying/moving from one table to another
Date: 2000-09-27 19:55:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, there,

I do not quite sure is this what you want?

1. if newtable(one you want save) does not exist:
select * into newtable from oldtable;
or
create table newtable as select * from oldtable;

2. if newtable existed, you append some record into it:
insert into newtable select * from oldtable where clause;

--
Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive