JDBC Serialize work

From: Ken Kachnowich <khkachn(at)toad(dot)net>
To: Postgres interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC Serialize work
Date: 2000-09-21 01:51:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have been doing some work on the Serialize class in the JDBC and
have a couple questions on what is the best way to handle
somethings. If someone else has already fixed this stuff, please
let me know how to get the code.

private & protected variables:
Right now I skip them so they are not in the class table.
I was considering looking for a get and set method for the variable
and using those, like they do with the Beans.

final variables:
I put these in the class table but skip them when fetching the data
back into an object.

array variables:
Not real sure what to do here. I thought about creating a variable
table (className_variableName) with an oid field to link back to the
class table record and make the array field an oid type with the oid
of the variableName table.

class variable:
Same as for array, I guess.

I can check in my small fixes so far if someone lets me know how to get
access.

Thanks,

Ken