contrib module soundex in CVS snapshot (function returning text and TOAST ???)

From: "g(dot)p(dot)ciceri" <gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: contrib module soundex in CVS snapshot (function returning text and TOAST ???)
Date: 2000-09-18 14:23:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
I've just downloaded the latest CVS snapshot, to play with
TOASTed text field. I've tried to compile contrib extensions
but I've some problem with soundex.

I take

gcc -c -I../../src/include -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I. -fpic soundex.c -o soundex.o
soundex.c: In function `text_soundex':
soundex.c:37: invalid lvalue in assignment
make: *** [soundex.o] Error 1

text_soundex() is declared as

text *
text_soundex(text *t)

perhaps the interface is changed with TOAST.

Any FAQ pointer to help me in this case ???
TIA

/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --
Richard Stallman

"We're not here to let the monkey dance."
g.p.

Gian Paolo Ciceri Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY
CTO @ Louise mobile : ++39 348 3658272
eMail : gp(dot)ciceri(at)acm(dot)org,
gp(dot)ciceri(at)louise(dot)it
webSite: http://www.louise.it