[Fwd: problem with LIKE and '/%']

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Fwd: problem with LIKE and '/%']
Date: 2000-09-12 17:16:18
Lists: pgsql-general

The problem appears to exist in 7.0.0 as well as 7.0.2.

However I have found a solution/workaround. The queries work correctly
after performing a vacuum on the database in question.

Why would vacuum make any difference in what results a query returns?
My understanding of the vacuum process is that it shouldn't have any
impact on the current data, but only cleans up and compacts the files.

thanks,
--Barry

PS I only ran 'vacuum' to fix the problem not 'vacuum analyze'