Large Object / libPQ : problem

From: Chris <linux(dot)fellow(at)libertysurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large Object / libPQ : problem
Date: 2000-08-19 22:41:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, all.

I'm encoutering a problem with libpq when opening a large object.
If I use lo_import within psql, there's no problem. But when I use
the libpq functions 'lo_open', the function fails. (also, lo_import
fails
in the call to lo_open.) After some experiments, I found that the
lo_open
function seemed to work at open-time, but it's calling 'lo_lseek' just
after,
and that seems not to work. (invalid descriptor 0).

This causes many problems, coz I really need that functionnality. (as
'Binary'
type is not yet implemented... and would be quite the same !)

Infos :

System: Linux 2.2.x (with libc GLibc 2.1.3)
Arch: Intel x86 (AMB K6-II and AMD Athlon)
CC: gcc (tryed both pgcc and gcc 2.98)
PostgreSQL: postgres-7.0.2

[note: I found a message that seemes to show a similar problem in the
base, it
was posted by Alexey Kobozev]