Re: postgresql/weblogic

From: Nils Zonneveld <nils(at)casema(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql/weblogic
Date: 2000-08-19 12:09:04
Lists: pgsql-general

prem khanna j wrote:

> hello ,
> does postgresql 7.0 run on weblogic 5.1 server ?

PostgreSQL is a RDBMS server that runs on Unix operating systems, Linux,
*BSD and I believe even on NT. It doesn't run 'on' a webserver or an
applicationserver, but you can connect from a webserver to PostgreSQL by
for instance using Perl or PHP. There are different interfaces available
to the PostgreSQL, links to all of these and more can be found at:

http://www.postgresql.org/info.html

> if not which application supports postgresql 7.0 ?

Could you be more specific abot which kind of application you need? If
you want to develop applications that make use of PostgreSQL you can use
ODBC or JDBC to gain access to your data. There is a freely available
ODBC driver for Windows so you can access PostgreSQL data from your
Delphi or VB apps.

There are also JDBC drivers so you can access PostgreSQL from Java. From
what I understand weblogic is (sort of combination between a http- and a
Java applicationserver? - correct me if I'm wrong), JDBC is probably
what you are looking for. This driver can be found at

http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

Kind regards,

Nils Zonneveld

--
"Misschien is niets geheel waar, en zelfs dat niet"
Multatuli (Eduard Douwes Dekker) - Idee 1